Sunday, April 11, 2010

Maiden Voyage

So why start a blog? I'm currently on my way towards earning a black belt in taekwando. Along the way I have been sporadically posting my revelations about this journey on Facebook. A couple of weeks ago one of my martial arts instructors and someone I have a lot of respect for joked that I had made revelation 112 of my black belt journey. My training partner, who is also someone I have a great deal of respect for, commented that if I wrote down all of my revelations I would have the "Journey to Black Belt" poster that each candidate needs to complete prior to our grading. She would know, as she earned her black belt last year.

All this got me to thinking that I should have started a blog to document my journey. But who would care to read it? Some of my friends said they would and the above mentioned instructor sent me this great link about blogs.

Of course, my husband laughed at the idea. Oh well. If others read it great! If not, oh well, it will fulfil my need to have an outlet. I have a lot to say about a lot of things. At the very least it will be therapy!

Any how, if you are here, I hope you enjoy it and will share your thoughts with me as I log the next 26 days to my black belt test and beyond.

No comments:

Post a Comment